-
July 12th, 2003, 05:04 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hello to everyone.
I'm just putting out what is probably an ignorant question with a very simplistic view. Please pardon my inexperience in this but here it goes. Of all the 604 model duplex's Altec made which would be the one most sought after and why? I've been to the sites for the history on this great speaker but I can't find any comparisons between the different model 604's. Also is there a "best" size cabinet for this? e.g. model 17. I think I want to add a pair of these babies to my inventory. Thank you to everyone for any input.
Sincerely
Gerald DiMauro
-
July 12th, 2003, 09:06 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I'd say there is far from a concensus. Different people are looking for different things in speakers.
I have "b" with D/E cones that improved the bass response. I like them a lot but haven't compared them with others.
Some say the b horn was the best, while others might prefer the CD horns. The later models had drivers with the tangerine phase plug with its improved high end.
If there is one thing perhaps all might agree on it might be that there was not a bad model in the family.
-
July 13th, 2003, 02:37 AM
#3
Inactive Member
David
Thanks for your input.
Sincerely
Gerald DiMauro
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks